The Old Mutual Vumba Mountain run is back and entry for school children to take part in Zimbabwe’s most picturesque road run will be free.
Over the course of this year we have seen more students and in some cases school teams take part in national marathons and road runs. Set to take place on the 14th of November the Vumba Mountain Run presents yet another chance for school children to challenge themselves outside the usual school cross-country courses.
The mountain run is split into three races, the 5km, 10km and 21km runs. No doubt most students will register for the 5km and 10km races which Old Mutual is deciding to call the fun run. With the steep ascents and descents of the Vumba don’t let the “fun” tag fool you. It will be a lot of hard work but very rewarding all the same.
Registration for the mountain run is in progress at centres listed below and remember it’s free for school children and $20 for adults.
- Mutual Gardens – 100 The Chase West, Emerald Hill
- Old Mutual Green Zone – Corner Jason Moyo/ Sam Nujoma
- Harare Athletics Club – Friday 6 November 5pm to 7:30pm
- Old Mutual Centre – 6th Floor Corner 8th Avenue/Jason Moyo Street
- Old Mutual – Mutual House Herbert Chitepo Street
- Body Focus Gym
- Vumba Botanical Gardens
- Forest Hills Resort